Saturday, December 01, 2012

'Tis the season to be grumpy!

What is worse than going shopping in December? Going shopping in December with a pushchair!!!

It's hard enough to manouvre around shops without hundreds of Christmas shoppers in the way. And everyone seems to be in their own little world completely oblivious to the fact they're about to walk into my child. You know what really irritates me? That people have the cheek to scowl at me as if it's my fault when they walk into us. Oh I'm sorry, is my walking in a straight line interfering with your zig zaggy wandering around looking at the floor and/or texting - how thoughtless of me!?! Grrrrrr.

And what's with the loud music blaring from shops? Do they not understand I have a sleeping child with me and the success of my shopping trip is reliant on him staying that way.

And New Look - really? A DJ in the corner?! Is that really necessary? I don't come to your store to party, I come to shop. Or maybe that's just me and I'm no longer young and trendy enough to shop in your store.

Ok rant over.

Hubby is away for the weekend at an interview so it's just me and the boy. Figured since it's the first day of December we should probably start introducing Josiah to the whole idea of Christmas. In town his eyes lit up when he saw the Christmas lights and watching people ice skating had him transfixed. As well as attempting Christmas shopping, we spent the morning making these....

They are officially yummy and there is a strong chance there won't be any left by the time Josh gets home tomorrow!

If you would like to make your own yummy Christmas biscuits then here's what you need to do:
1) Cream together 100g of butter and 100g caster sugar
2) Add an egg yolk and a teaspoon of vanilla essence
3) Stir in 200g plain flour and kneed into a dough
4) Roll the dough out to 5mm thick. Using an 8cm star cutter cut out 24 stars. Then using a 2cm cutter cut the middle out of 12 of them. Put them all in the freezer for 10 mins.
5) Remove from the freezer. Spread jam on the whole stars and sandwich the ones with the middle missing on top.
6) Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-15 mins until golden.
7) Sprinkle with icing sugar to make them look a bit more fancy if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment