Saturday, December 22, 2012

I know I shouldn't laugh but...

I love getting to spend time together as family, laughing together and making memories. I thought I would share with you one of my favourite moments from this week.

Today we're having a pyjama day to recover from a fun but tiring day at a friends wedding yesterday. We had to nip into town quickly to run a few errands so we were all throwing on some clothes and getting ready to head out. Hubby announced that he was ready as he bounced Josiah on his lap. Moments later, you guessed it, Josiah projectile vomited all down Josh's front. And it wasn't just a little bit!

I am all too familiar with this occurrence but for Josh it was the first time he has ever experienced that warm wet feeling as the sick soaks through your clothing. How did he respond? He jumped up, stripped his clothes off and started dancing around the room pulling disgusted faces. I was rolling around laughing so hard I almost wet myself (no really, my pelvic floor isn't so great since labour so I really almost did pee myself laughing!)

Being a parent really does force you to get over any germophobic tendancies you may have had before as you spend your days getting puked on and wiping dribble and snotty noses! But the funny thing is we wouldn't change it for the world - this must be true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment