Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Just when you thought it was safe...

One of the most challenging things with parenting is that things are constantly changing so you have to keep on your toes! This week Josiah learned a key new skill. I try to avoid letting him watch TV so if my husband and I want to watch TV while he's awake I put him down on his play mat somewhere that he can't see the TV. The other day he was happily playing while we were curled up watching Grey's Anatomy. Half way through I looked over to the play mat to see how Josiah was doing........and he wasn't there!! The cheeky little monkey had shuffled across the floor on his back and was lying right in front of the TV contentedly staring up at Grey's Anatomy. I picked him up and put him back on the play mat but two minutes later he was back watching TV. So it looks like despite my best efforts we have a little telly addict on our hands. And now I can no longer put him on his playmat, go make a cuppa tea and expect to find him in the same place when I get back. Here's where the fun starts!!

Other news in the Gallagher household this week: Josiah learned how to use his hands properly (to grab things he wants, to move my hands away when I do things he doesn't want and to stroke daddy's beard), hubby got another job interview (hooray!) and I got mastitis (boo!).

Just when I thought we had breastfeeding sorted my boobs go and break again! I've spent the last few days yelling in pain while breastfeeding and digging my nails into the nearest cushion/my leg/hubby's hand. At first I thought I just had a blocked milk duct but last night I woke up all feverish and knew it was time to go to the doctor. So now I'm on antibiotics and wandering around the house with a homemade heat pad (ie packet of boil in the bag rice shoved in hubby's sock) shoved in my bra making me look like I've had some dodgy lopsided boob job. Oh the joys of parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment