Thursday, June 22, 2006

God's on our side

"If God is for me, who can be against me?" Romans 8:31

...who can be against me? I'm sure we can all think of a long list of stuff we feel is against us. Bad health, financial problems, fear, insecurity, exhaustion, stress, difficult circumstances...

But there's good news - God is for us, He's on our side! Let's think about this phrase - say it out loud, declare it for all to hear, let it really soak in - God is for you!!!

GOD is for me - though other people may be against you, God is with you. The all powerful creator of the universe is on our side.

God IS for me - not might be, not was, not will be one day. It's true, it's certain, it's current. Right now at this very moment as you read this God is with you. It's not dependant on anything you do or don't do. God is totally 100% with us right now.

God is FOR me - he's on my side. He's like the guy on the sideline cheering you on. He's like the guy at the finish line waiting to congratulate you. He's there to carry you when you can't go any further.

God is for ME - it's easy to think he's looking out for everyone else but not me. But the truth is he's crazy about every one of us. If God had a calendar your birthday would be on it. If he had a wallet your picture would be in it. He's got your name tatooed on his hand. He's your number one fan.

So, if God's with us what trouble could possibly overcome us? My purpose can't be taken. My value can't be diminished. Nothing and no-one can defeat me. I'm protected. God is with me. Why was I even stressing?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment