Monday, July 03, 2006

stuff and things...

Wow, can't believe how hot it is! Been gagging to go skate for days and now I have time it's so humid my head is throbbing. boo hiss! Loving the sunshine though.

So, tonight we've got 31 Brazilians showing up - not sure when, who ever knows with these guys! Gonna be a crazy and exhausting couple of days. Gotta be at work for 8am tomorrow - ouch. But I'm really looking forward to spending time with them and hearing all that's going on in Brazil. I tell you, God's really doing some amazing stuff out there. And the Brazilian church have such a focus on reaching out to others - it's awesome.

The church I visited in Uberlandia has 28 congregations and they have a strategy for planting 250 more congregations in the next 10 years. It's great to see the church growing and thriving and embracing all different cultures and styles of church. I'd love to see similar stuff in the UK too. One of our Brazilian friends preached on Sunday and God really used him to speak to people. I was very challenged about prayer. Amaury was saying that everyone of us who's a Christian has had someone praying for us before hand. Prayer is so powerful!! It's like the key to the storehouse of heaven. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else God wants to teach me while the team are around.

Hope you're all doing well and not too depressed by the football results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment