Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Quiet time book

For years now I've been hoarding old cards, scraps of material, wrapping paper and other such things waiting for the day I might need them. Finally that day has come - that day was today.

Today Josiah and I had a craft filled afternoon. I quickly made him his own guitar to keep him amused while I rifled through my craft box to find materials to make Josiah a new book.  I has a load of leftover blank cards from when we made our own wedding invitations which were ideal as nice strong double thickness pages. Next I had to think of ideas for what to put on the pages. Here's what I came up with:

 Soldiers with glittery textured hats.....

Lumpy bumpy bubble wrap....

 Bright coloured stickers with simple pictures drawn on....

 A variety of different textured hearts....

 Felt letters....

 Bright textured paper in one of his favourite colours...

 Bright smiley faces and a character with googly eyes....


I hole punched the pages and tied them together with ribbon and then it was time to give it to the boy for his verdict. In all the book took me about 20-30 mins - really very quick and easy. What did Josiah make of his new book?.....


He instantly loved it - result!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment