Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dinner time fun

I love food.

Josiah also loves food.

But he's just started getting picky about what he eats and now he wants my food. If we're eating something different to him he wants what we have and is not afraid to help himself! So I've pretty much abandoned baby purées and begun trying to find ideas for things that we can all eat. Tonight Josiah had potato, leek and sweetcorn soup with some homemade pizza toast. I made pizza toast as a snack for me and hubby too and we sat round the kitchen table and ate and talked together.

Pizza toast is so quick and easy. Make some toast, spread it with some red pasta sauce, sprinkle with a little grated cheese and toast under the grill. It can be cut into easy to hold pizza fingers.

Here's the recipe for the potato, leek and sweetcorn chowder. (NB In babies with dairy sensitivity this recipe can produce explosive results - as we just found out!)


No comments:

Post a Comment