Friday, October 05, 2012

Where's the off switch?!

We were doing so well and I was beginning to think we would be lucky enough not to reach the 'so tired you wanna cry' phase that everyone talks about. I was wrong.  Everything was going great, Josiah was feeding well, we'd learnt a few tricks to settle him and he coped very well with the disruption in his schedule when the grandparents came to visit.  Then the other day he decided to feed for 6 hours straight and the last few nights he's struggled to settle.  I am sooooo tired and long for some time to myself.  Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Josiah and playing together and showing him new things and new places. But there are times I feel like across between a dairy cow and a human pacifier.  If only there were a way to detach my boobs and let him get on with it!

I was thinking the other day how weird breast feeding must be from a guys point of view. You marry a girl, you pledge to give your bodies solely to one another and you enjoy the intimacy of that. Then this kid comes along and suddenly not only do you no longer get sole access to your wifes boobs but you actually barely get near them cos the kid seems permanently attached.  Add to that the fact that those boobs that were once for your eyes only get whipped out anytime, any place, infront of anyone.  It must be a lot for a guy to get used to.  I'd be interested to hear comments from guys about their experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment