Friday, September 14, 2012

Josiah's diary - Day 4

So it was all going great - I was getting the hang of breast feeding, mummy was getting pretty good at doing things one handed while feeding me and sometimes I even let mummy and daddy get a nap.  Then yesterday disaster struck - MUMMY'S BOOBS BROKE!!

I don't know what happened. Suddenly mummy's boobs were twice the size and rock solid. Feeding was like trying to get blood out of a stone. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to latch on properly and I was getting more and more frustrated.  I could see mummy was getting frustrated too.  She spent most of that afternoon and evening massaging her boobs, hand expressing milk and using a breast pump all to make sure I was still getting fed but it still wasn't fixing my latching on problem.

Early this morning, after a frustrating night, we sent daddy to sainsburys to buy cabbage. The midwife lady told mummy that putting cabbage leaves in your bra might fix things and at this point we were willing to try anything. Mummy shoved a couple of leaves in her bra and then we headed off to anti natal class.  Everyone there was excited to meet me and I think they were all too busy talking about how cute I am to notice mummy's cabbage leaves or the fact her boobs were leaking.

Well the cabbage leaves seem to be working and I can finally feed again. Only thing is that now mummy's boobs seem to have sprung a leak! I'm not sure if mummy has noticed but while I'm feeding from one boob I get dripped on from the other. Time to ask mummy and daddy for a dry set of clothes!


1 comment:

  1. this post made me laugh and laugh, glad every thing got figured out!

    ReplyDelete