Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pregnant with expectation


So apparently I'm pregnant! It's so weird. I mean I have had plenty of symptoms but it still doesn't feel quite real. After having my first scan and seeing it really is a baby and not just gas, I know for sure now that it really is a certainty that I'm gonna give birth one day. And yet it still feels so distant and surreal.

That got me thinking about Jesus' promise to return. I don't doubt all the Bible tells us about the second coming and yet I don't live with a sense of expectancy - it seems so distant. I used to feel bad about that and feel like I should have a stronger feeling of certainty. But I'm now reminded how unreliable feelings are.

Though I know this baby is coming one day, I do not have strong feelings of certainty - only faith in what I have been told and the signs I have seen.

In the same way, I don't have strong feelings of expectation about Jesus second coming and yet I know that I can have faith that one day Jesus will stand on the earth again, and when He does he will put the world right once and for all, just as the Bible promises us.

No comments:

Post a Comment