Saturday, March 10, 2012

In me?

So there's this little person inside me just hanging out, not doing anything for itself. It takes its nutrients from me, relies on me to remove its waste, steals my oxygen and uses up my energy.

It got me thinking about a phrase the Bible uses to describe those of us who have put our trust in Jesus. We are described as being 'In Christ'. I can't help thinking that being In Christ is supposed to be a bit like my baby. The Bible clearly teaches us to rely on God's grace instead of self effort. We should look to Christ to nourish us, supply all our needs and to remove our bad stuff too. I think particularly in our Western culture of self sufficiency we find this difficult.

Just relax and enjoy being 'In Christ' and embrace the rest that God wants to give you.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of it like that - what a beautiful and powerful image : )

    ReplyDelete