Monday, July 31, 2006

Some people shouldn't be allowed on the road!!


After almost a year of incident free driving I had my first near death experience on my way to visit my folks in Kent. I was merrily driving along the A303 enjoying the sunshine. I'd reached one of those annoying single lane sections but, though the road was busy, the traffic was still moving at a constant 60mph. To my right was a junction with some cars waiting. It seems that the driver at the front of the queue was a bit sick of waiting and so decided to try to create his own gap by pulling right out in front of me while I was doing 60!!!! I had to do an emergency stop (and embarrassingly stalled in the process!) and thought I'd just missed him. As I slammed on the breaks I quietly prayed "please God don't let me hit them, I really don't wanna lose my no claims bonus!!" Thank God the person behind me was paying attention cos they were very close to going into the back of me. I can't believe what an idiot this driver was!! But I feel very awestruck and humbled by the way God protected me.

Unfortunately, it seems I did actually hit the other car (not that he stopped to check!!!). When my Dad got home from work he said "why is there a big puddle under your car?" Looks like I've got a small crack in the radiator :0( So please pray that I'll get back to Yeovil ok and that it won't cost too much to fix!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey stace! just a thought, I think i remember hearing that "God is most glorified" quote from John Piper... although you might wana check that!
    whatever!
    laterz! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that sounds about right - cheers!

    ReplyDelete