Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Saturday morning at our place


I'm definitely a better mama and better version of me when I'm focused and have a clear vision of how I want life to be. It's so easy to drift along and let life happen to us but that is when I struggle to get out of bed and take part in life. Being a wife and mother is not something that just happened to me, it is a God given calling that I need to grab hold of with both hands. Over the New Year holiday period I found myself asking questions about what kind of mama I want to be, what kind of home I want to run, what kind of atmosphere I want to create in my home and so on and so forth.

Thanks to our recent family time of reflection and refocussing, this Saturday there was a whole different atmosphere in the house.

Previously, Saturday mornings in the Gallagher household were very lazy and mostly involved mummy trying to stay in bed as long as possible while little J persistently poked her in the face and repeated the baby sign for "eat".

By 11am we had eaten breakfast, had family Bible study, unloaded the dishwasher, done laundry, made BBQ pulled pork, booked swimming lessons, rotated little J's toys, fixed the broken hoover, played with blocks, built a den and still found time to sit and read the paper while listening to classical music!



No comments:

Post a Comment