Sunday, May 05, 2013

"You are my sunshine...."

I'm sat looking out of the window at a gloriously sunny evening and wishing so much that I could go outside (but I'm guessing leaving an 8 month old in bed home alone while I catch some sun would be considered bad parenting). I LOVE sunshine and this past week has been like a breath of fresh air to me. It's amazing how much difference a little sun can make. Instead of staying in my pyjamas as long as possible and avoiding going out of the house I've been dying to get outside at any and every opportunity. As a result I've made so much more out of my week than usual.

As well as the sunshine, there has also been much more sleep this week. Josiah is finally taking good daytime naps which has helped my stress levels no end. He is such a joy to be around when he's happy and well rested. It's insane how grown up he's getting - he's a proper little boy now and his personality is really coming out. He plays games, laughs at jokes, reaches out to be picked up, initiates kisses, asks for juice (by reaching for his cup) or more food (by yelling and pulling a grumpy face), tries to make conversation, talks in his sleep, tries to 'read' things, reaches out for things in shops (note to self: beware accidental shoplifting!) and chats to anyone who will listen.

I feel I have so much to be thankful for this week so I'm going to take this opportunity to praise God for:
  • Catching up with friends I've not seen in a while
  • Trips to the park
  • Family walk in the sunshine before bedtime
  • Sleep!
  • My wonderfully supportive husband
  • A child free morning and coffee with a friend while Josh and Josiah went to 'Who let the dad's out?'
  • Singing worship songs while Josh played guitar and Josiah sat transfixed
  • Sunny afternoons spent on the roof terrace
  • Improptu meet ups with friends
  • Time to relax and enjoy my husband in the evenings instead of him being out lots
  • Watching Jesus Story Book Bible DVD together as a family and discovering new insights 
  • Tea and toast time - sitting round the table together and taking a break before bedtime routine begins
  • Lots of smiles and laughter - seeing our boy happy and healthy
What about you? What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment