Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

What a day! Spent the morning at The Bakery having brunch with friends and their kids and then a baby shower in the afternoon.

Due to the boy's recent sleep trouble I decided to walk into town from Royal William Yard in the hope it would help him get a longer nap. As we strolled along in the sunshine, the boy fast asleep, it seemed a crazy amount of motorbikes were out in the sun too. I had never before noticed just how loud motorbikes are!! As we came to traffic lights with a motorcyclist sat nosily revving I just wanted to say "shush will you - you'll wake the kid!" Thankfully he kept on sleeping.

Once we got close to town we had another challenge to the boy's sleep - a whole selection of emergency vehicles screaming past. But still he kept on sleeping.

Next we arrived in the city centre to find huge crowds of people and lots of events going on, meaning lots of noise. I tried a whole host of alternative routes through town but it seemed everywhere I turned there was a live band or trumpet player or some other such racket. As I turned down one street I was greeted by a full on marching band coming straight towards us. You've gotta be freaking kidding me!?! I quickly dived down an alleyway and into a car park to avoid them. And still the boy kept on sleeping.

Finally (after taking an hour to do a 30 minute walk due to all the detours) we arrived at the baby shower. Josiah was still soundly asleep and having the best nap he's had in weeks and weeks.

And then Ella-Sophia came to say hello and poked him in the face. Ooops!

Never mind, he didn't seem bothered and had a fun afternoon meeting new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment