Saturday, February 09, 2013

Josiah's Diary - February 9th

Yesterday was the best day ever!

I went to bed as usual and then a while later mummy came into my room, turned the light on and got me out of bed. She never turns the light on at night time - not even when I have my nappy changed. I was so confused as she took me downstairs and put me in the car seat. Just then daddy came through the front door (I didn't even know he'd left the house) and picked me up and we all got in someone's car. It was super dark outside and lights flashed past as we drove. I sat and stared at mummy and daddy most of the journey waiting for them to give me any clues where we were going.

Finally we arrived and walked into a nice warm house full of plenty of grown ups to give me attention. It was Lizzie's birthday party but when I arrived I was the centre of attention. The best thing was that some of my new friends from our holiday with the student group were there. It was good to see them again and play together. Tom pulls the funniest faces and made me laugh lots.

I got plenty of cuddles with the birthday girl and she showed me round her house and let me sit on her lap and everything.

There was lots of party food and mummy let me try some of her strawberries. They tasted good but were annoyingly slippery!

I met a real life dog. She was much bigger than my cuddly doggy at home. All the grown ups kept touching her so I thought I'd give it a go. She felt soft and furry and had a wet nose. Suddenly she licked my face. The grown ups told her off for doing that but I didn't really mind - it was just a little unexpected.

I had lots of fun but eventually I got tired and wanted to go home so I yelled at mummy and daddy to make my wishes known.  I must have fallen asleep pretty much as soon as we got in the car as the next thing I remember was waking up at home as mummy lifted me out of the car seat. When she picked me up I thought to myself  "more playtime? Amazing! This is the best day ever".  But it wasn't playtime, it was bed time - time to sleep and dream of my exciting evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment