Monday, April 14, 2014

Josiah's diary - April 14th 2014

Daddy says mummy has a baby in her belly. I'm not sure how it got there and I thought he was just messing with me at first but then mummy's belly started getting bigger so it must be true. The other day we went to the hospital and saw a lady who poked mummy's belly and showed us some things on the TV. Daddy said it was baby on the TV but it didn't look like any baby I've ever seen - it was just a black fuzzy blob!

Grandma got me a book all about the house in mummy's belly to help me understand but I'm still not quite sure how it all works. I read that baby shares the food mummy eats. Can I share my food with baby too? Do you think it likes cheerios? Daddy says that even though I can't see baby I can still talk to it and give it kisses so every now and then I get mummy's belly out and give baby some kisses.

Mummy doesn't always like it when I get her belly out though. Like when I tried to get her belly out during daddy's citizenship ceremony the other day she told me to put it away cos the mayor doesn't want to see it. What is a mayor? And what is citizenship? All I know is daddy got a certificate for something but I don't know what he did.

Daddy says I used to be in mummy's belly. I wonder how I got out. And how long will baby be in there? There's still so much I don't quite understand.

Baby is not the only thing I don't understand right now - there's a lot of things in life I'm trying to work out. For example, I've been working on learning to throw but I'm struggling to work out the rules about throwing. If I throw some things I get a cheer and if I throw others I get shouted at. I've been trying to narrow down which are the right things to throw to get a cheer and it seemed that throwing balls is good and throwing toys is bad. But then the other day I found a ball that daddy called a pool ball and when I threw that I got told off so now I'm confused again.

Mummy says that throwing things 'at' people is mean and I shouldn't do it but sometimes she asks me to throw something 'to' her. What is the difference between throwing something 'at' someone and throwing something 'to' them? They both look the same to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment