Tuesday, October 22, 2013

More lunchtime snacks

Just thought I'd share with you my latest finds on my quest for a more exciting lunch.  First up is this recipe for cheesy chive eggy toast. Quick and easy to make and gets little J some extra protein. As you can see from the smile on his face, he loved it.

My other great discovery is frittata. How did I not discover this great portable feast sooner?! Frittata is basically a big flat omelette that's cooked in a frying pan then topped with cheese and finished in the oven. Today I cooked this great cherry tomato and pea frittata. In my case I don't have an oven safe frying pan so I just cooked it in an oven proof dish instead - fried onions on the bottom, eggy mix poured over, cheese on top and then put in the oven at 200C for about 45mins or so until it had cooked through. It's a great way to use up any leftovers in the fridge as you can put just about anything in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment