Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wisdom part 2

Check out these bits from Proverbs…

“I call to you, to all of you! I raise my voice to all people.
Listen to me! For I have important things to tell you. Everything I say is right,”
“Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square…
Come and listen to my counsel. I’ll share my heart with you and make you wise.”
“I called you so often, but you wouldn’t come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention.”

Wisdom is trying to speak all the time – Jesus, with the help of the Holy Spirit is trying to talk to us. Are we listening? Have you ever seen Bruce Almighty? There’s a bit at the start where he prays for God to show him a sign and then God uses all kinds of stuff to try to speak to him…road signs, TV ads, songs on the radio and even his pager. Bruce is oblivious to it all and refuses to answer his pager!! How often does God try to speak to me and I don’t notice? How much am I missing? Here’s a challenge for you – this next week, make a conscious effort to listen to God. Expect for Him to speak to you any time, any place, through anything!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Thank you for the help with the essay. It is exactly along the lines of what I will talk about. I might even use it a quote in my essay. Thank you also for the challenge on your blog. Such a good reminder! And I want to actually do that this week and consiously make an effort and listen to God. Thank you for that! And in the end of the week, I will let you know how it went:). Bye Antonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    Jeff has been keeping me update with all the things that you have been doing with the cafe and I think it is great. God has great things in store for you guys and He is glorified by your obedience. Thank you for following Him. It is very encouraging to see from a distance what He is doing and how He is working. Is there anything that I can pray for for you? Let me know. I would like to join in that way:).
    Antonia.

    ReplyDelete